Foothills Major Baseball Association Code of Conduct
The Foothills Major Baseball Association (“FMBA”) is committed to providing its teams and players
the means to enjoy a safe, fun, and competitive game of baseball. In doing so, the FMBA strives to
uphold the values of sportsmanship and fair play, while proving an environment in which all
individuals are treated with respect.
As a participant in the FMBA, you are expected to conduct yourself at all times in a manner
consistent with the values of FMBA. In doing so, you are expected to exhibit the following
1. Respect for opponents: As a participant in the FMBA, you are expected to treat your
opponents with respect. This means refraining from use of obscene, rude, or abusive
language, unsportsmanlike conduct, and any behaviour that might be interpreted as
disrespectful or aggressive towards your opponents.
2. Respect for officials: Umpires and other officials are an essential part of the game, and their
decisions should be respected at all times. As a participant in the FMBA, you are expected to
refrain from any form of verbal or physical abuse, intimidation or disrespect of an umpire.
3. Respect for the game: Baseball is a game with a rich history and tradition, and as a
participant in the FMBA, you are expected to honour and respect that tradition. This means
playing with integrity, following the rules, and upholding the spirit of the game.
4. Respect for the field: Glen Hanson Field is the home of the FMBA and is essential for the
FMBA to operate. As a participant in the FMBA, you are expected to respect the field and
not deliberately damage, cause harm or destroy the field so that each participant can
continue to play and enjoy the FMBA.
5. Sportsmanship: Sportsmanship is an essential part of baseball. As a participant in the FMBA,
you are expected to exhibit good sportsmanship at all times.
6. Conduct on and off the field: As a participant in the FMBA, you are a representative of the
FMBA both on and off the field. This means conducting yourself with professionalism and
integrity at all times, whether you are interacting with fans, opponents, or members of the
7. Drug and alcohol policy: The use of illegal drugs and consumption of alcohol is strictly
prohibited at Glen Hansen Field by law. As a participant in the FMBA, you are expected to
adhere to these laws.
8. Positive attitude: Finally, as a participant in the FMBA, you are expected to maintain a
positive attitude at all times. This means showing enthusiasm for the game and the FMBA.
By adhering to this code of conduct, you will be participating in the FMBA with professionalism,
integrity, and sportsmanship.
*This code of conduct applies to all sanctioned baseball activities including but not limited to playing
in game, at practices, and watching games as a spectator.